Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday Morning

Pictures of campus (below, the main campus library; right, the main campus clock tower. This is the part of campus I live on, but my classes are mostly out at "Agric")




It's a nice Saturday morning. I mean nice outside. I am inside...I am working on my paper about Tobacco mosaic virus.
This morning my friend Lauren and I woke up early to watch Kristy complete a half marathon. That is about 13 or so miles! Wow! We thought we were up early, but Kristy had been up since quarter to 5! Well, it was worth it, she ran at like a 7 and a half minute pace, so she crossed the finish line around 8:20am.
Today our class heads out to Ubuntu to have an afternoon plus sleepover with the girls :) Then church with them tomorrow, too.
There is about a week and a half of classes remaining, then a dead week or two. Then EXAMS.
Here, exams count for 67% of your semester mark. Big deal!!
And you have to make a certain "DP" which is the value of all the work you have done up until classes end. If you make DP then you get to write the Exam, if you don't then you have failed the semester (33%) and they won't let you write the Exam. I am nervous cause this is a big deal. Different from back home where the Final is max 50% and that is not so common, even.
I will surely have more photos after this weekend. Have a pleasant Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment