Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Classes

Today is a regular Tuesday morning. Yesterday was rough, as my friend said, I was having a "case of the Mondays". Yeah, school was just kicking my butt this weekend. So, yesterday, I submitted a lab report on bacteriophages (viruses that infect bacteria), a paper on organic versus conventional foods, and I "wrote" (as they say here) a test for Animal Science.
Then took the night off. We watched Atonement. It was storming all afternoon and into the evening. Lightening bolts lit up the whole sky at 2 minute intervals. It was perfect to sit in an chill out. But, to be honest, that movie involved a little too much concentration, we agreed that next time, comedy.
This afternoon we go out to Ubuntu CC for a few hours.
We have a sleepover planned with the girls this weekend. I am excited, Magic wants us to treat it as, yes, fun time, but as a time to share with them some knowledge they may not get elsewhere...I am most excited about taking photos from home, a map (I have been trying to teach them the Happy Birthday song in Spanish--and I want to explain that there are specific areas of the world that speak this language...), and hemp to make necklaces.
In the mean time, back to studies. Working on a lab report that covers the entire semester I have had in my virology class: identifying an unknown virus in tobacco plants (its Tobacco Mosaic Virus, TMV).
If there are any questions you guys have about South Africa, please let me know, I am happy to write about more specific issues and look into the answers if I don't already know them. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment