Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Last day of classes


Wednesday. Sunny out, going to a luncheon put on by some Food Management students in my Agric Dept. There is a luncheon or two a month, where the students have to prepare a themed, three course meal for 40-50 people, plan, write menus, purchase, cook, and serve, all for a grade. I am excited to see how it goes, it will be the first one I have attended. The theme is Mexican, I am curious how well they pull it off. Already saw some decorations...












Today is the last day of classes and then we have a study week, in preparation for the big exams.

I am posting some pics of the rural area outside of Pietermaritzburg that I have visited several times with a woman, Sanele, who, is like our equivalent of a social worker, she goes out most days and checks on people who are on ARVs and makes sure they are taking them, asks them about how things are going, and just takes tabs on quite a few of the people in the community. I asked one family if I could photograph them, and the daughter was ecstatic, so, I will put that photo up too.





This area is called Buffa, and most of the houses are government build/provided, and date back at least 5 or 10 years. It is very different from the suburb area campus is in (Scottsville). And then I have a picture from when I went out with two of my friends, B and Mosima, from the dorms on Friday, to Lizard Rock, a bar/dancing place close to campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment