Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend











This past weekend I stuck around Pietermaritzburg. On Friday we derigged the boats to take out to Albert Falls on Saturday morning. Later Friday some friends and I went to a cricket match on campus, let me put it this way, if you think watching baseball is fun, you may enjoy watching cricket, otherwise, bring some music and a braii (they call bbq braii) and plan to just chill out with your buddies.
Saturday was the regatta and that was a whole lot of fun! We got golden medals on a black ribbon to wear around our necks at the end of the day. They say KZN on one side and there is an emblem of a person rowing on the other side, sweet!
Then we packed up for PMB and when we got back spent a few hours at the drift (river house) then went out form there.
The bummer of that night was that when I caught up with some of the exchange students from France, they were looking for their car, which had been hijacked...they parked it outside some big campus party and a couple hours later it was MIA, yikes.
Sunday was a clean up and study day, I was supposed to write a test this morning but my lecturer, sadly, had a stroke, so it has been postponed.
This afternoon I have plans to work with Sanele, the community advocate that checks up on HIV/AIDS patients...this will be the second time I go with her, still not sure how I like such work.

No comments:

Post a Comment