Monday, March 23, 2009

Hello Everybody!
So, Monday, in the computer lab at school, sweeeet :)
Nah, it's a very nice day out today, sunny and hot, yes, I am working on a bronze glow, in March. I had a low key weekend, studying a bit more than usual (for here) cause I have a bit of work to finish up before the weekend trip to Free State, which I have been told is mostly Africaans speaking, we'll see. That's right we are leaving middle of the night, Wednesday, and driving a long ways to get to SAUSU, rowing tourney.
Last night I attended one of the church services on campus, I had been before, but one of my friends was interested, so went back. Some of the songs were in Zulu, a little uncomfortable, but the more uncomfortable part was the really really loud, move around praise. I mean I have my faith and my way of showing it, and this well, it's a little too tongue-speaking, etc for me. The friend I went with was even more shocked, she's Jewish, and she said that they are definitely not allowed to talk at her services, and dancing is unheard of. It was one of her first church experiences...
Then we came back from service and some of our guy friends had been working on dinner in our dorm, it was Italian...yummy pasta and chicken.
I talked to my grandma last night and reassured her that, Yes, I would be coming home, not like her friend's granddaughter who decided to live in Spain after going for a visit. Like I told Grandma, I don't know if I will be back here anytime soon, I mean it is nice and different, and I am soooo glad I am here now, checking it out, quenching the curiosity, but I don't know how eager I would be to come back right away...a little homesick maybe.
But all in all, the laid back weekend was good. I appreciated a little more time to myself, too.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like church is a "holy roller" experience . From the previous pictures it looks like a lot of meat gets consumed. Love the wild animal pictures , it must feel like living in the zoo. You guys all look like a bunch of people from the states. DAD

    ReplyDelete